Family Day is right around the corner and you may be twiddling your thumbs wondering how to avoid those long museum lines while still having a good time. Take a page out of Chef Jonathan Preskow’s book and spend some time with those you love in the kitchen.
Did you know, Chef Jonathan Preskow dedicates *almost* every Sunday to baking with his minis? This banana bread is one of the threesomes go-to recipes. You can thank Hannah and Brody for the recipe modification on this one. Check out the full recipe, and their sweet mod. below.
Read on for the recipe.
BANANA BREAD WITH RAINBOW SPRINKLES RECIPE
Serves: 8-10 people
Estimated Prep Time: 20 minutes
Estimated Cook Time: 55-65 minutes
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2/3 cup of toasted, chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (1.5 cups)
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 2 eggs (large), lightly beaten
- 6 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Optional – 1 Banana sliced into rounds
- Optional – ¼ cup rainbow jimmies (sprinkles)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and toasted walnuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and chocolate chips in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in the flour mixture into the wet banana mixture –
- If opting for the banana rounds and/ or sprinkles, place them on top of the batter for decoration.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes longer and then remove the loaf pan and continue to cool on a wire rack.
Chef Tip: Prepare and measure all of your ingredients in advance (mise en place) and let the kids mix it all together.
Follow us on social and share your creations with us!